The Lloyds

photograph by catharine j. anderson
Lulu


photograph by catharine j. anderson
Lulu


photograph by catharine j. anderson
Lulu


photograph by catharine j. anderson
Lulu




photograph by catharine j. anderson
Peter Heimlich

 
 

I don't know much about The Lloyds. I remember seeing them at both the Keystone Berkeley and Berkeley Square. The photographs posted here are from both shows. The band was pretty popular and seemed to have a big following as both shows were packed.

I met Peter Heimlich after the Keystone gig and I think we talked about them using some of my stuff but don't really remember anything coming out of that. I reconnected with Peter a few years ago on the internet and found out that his father is the guy credited with coming up with the Heimlich manuever (Dr. Henry Heimlich). Peter disputes this. You can google it yourself if you are interested.


In any case, Peter played bass in the Lloyds and Lulu was the singer. One of their songs "And That's Why I don't Like You" is part of the movie Die Laughing soundtrack.


No comments: