Elements of Style

photograph by catharine j. anderson
Ramona Torch


photograph by catharine j. anderson
Ramona Torch



photograph by catharine j. anderson
David Barker



Elements of Style were one of my favorite New Wave bands in the early 80s. I went to alot of their shows and took alot of pictures of them. The band used several of my photos on their flyers and the back cover of their 45 Sacred Objects/Electricity. A few also appeared in the San Fransico Music Calendar.

Being that I knew the band and their music well, it was easy to predict when guitarist David Barker might jump. I was often ready for this moment. Singer Ramona Torch was always very expressive as well and fun to photograph. I have alot of photos of other band members as well. When I met the band the lineup was the same as on their single: David Barker (guitar), Ramona Torch (vocals), Chris Wells (Bass), Leanne Krause (keyboards) and Eric Castillo (drums).

No comments: